Patient & Family Advisory Board
A Strong Partnership at St. Vincent’s
As patients and families at St. Vincent’s Medical Center, you have a voice. You share valuable feedback about the care you and your loved ones receive. You serve as catalysts and advocates. By joining the Patient and Family Advisory Board, you strengthen our partnership with the St. Vincent’s hospital staff to provide the best quality healthcare in the Greater Bridgeport community.
The Patient and Family Advisory Board (PFAB) has direct input and influence on policies, programs, practices and the development and planning of new facilities that impact on the care and services at St. Vincent’s Medical Center. We welcome you to become a member.
Since our founding in 2007, PFAB has been the catalyst for numerous improvements at St. Vincent’s Medical Center, including:
- Partnering to establish a pharmacy for patients to get their medications upon discharge
- Establishing hand washing stations that reduce the spread of infections
- Advocating for handicap ramp installation at the Main St. entrance and handicapped parking and handicapped access in the parking garage
- Offering suggestions for menu changes, including gluten free items
- Designing layout of the new white boards in our patient rooms
- Inaugurating Books for Kids program which makes available used and new books for patients and visitors in our Emergency Department
- Producing “Inside the Patient Experience,” a video of PFAB member stories
- Participating in the monthly Re-Igniting the Spirit of Caring retreats by sharing patient and family member experiences
- Serving on numerous committees -- Bright Ideas, Charity Care Appeals, Community Based Care, Ethics, Infection Control, Heart Based Collaborative and many others – to ensure the voice of the patient and family is represented
Become a member of Patient and Family Advisory Board at St. Vincent’s Medical Center by contacting Patient Relations at (203) 576-5164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.